BA (Hons) Product Design
3 years full-time
|Malaysian Students||International Students|
Year 1: RM 23,800 + £ 250
Year 1: RM 26,300 (USD 6,580) + £ 250
|Total: RM 73,800 + £ 750||Total: RM 82,200 (USD 20,560) + £ 750|
* Fees stated above do not include Deposits and other Miscellaneous Fees. Please refer to Fee Guide for details.
We welcome applications from people with a wide variety of qualifications, skills and experience. Applications are individually assessed. However typically you will have:
Route 1: Entry to Year 1
- A Portfolio of Art & Design work which can include:
- Sketch work and finished drawings.
- Photographs of models or other 3D works Art, illustration, photography etc.
- Examples of your computer skills
- Please bring in sketch ideas for a “new personal communication device”.
- Successful completion of the relevant APIIT Diploma, or
- Successful completion of study in another recognised institution with academic credits
Programme at a glance
Topics you will experience include:
- Core Skills I
- Core Skills II
- Course Introduction I
- Course Introduction II
- Digital Design Project
- Industrial Design: History and Context
- Industrial Design: Style & Substance
- Trends and Visual Thinking
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Creativity & Innovation
- Design Concepts I
- Design Concepts II
- Design Realisation I
- Design Realisation II
- Ergonomics & Design I
- Ergonomics & Design II
- Lighting Concepts
- Creative Practice
- Digital Clay
- Design Futures for Product and Transport Design
- Design Project Context
- External Brief for Product Design
- rofessional Project 1
- Professional Project 2
- Professional Project 2 II
In addition to the above, all students are required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Please note that students need to complete the programme within the normal duration of study. No deferments or extensions will be allowed by Staffordshire University. If they are unable to complete the programme by March 2023; they may not be eligible for the award of the Staffordshire University Degree.
All information is correct at the time of publication, but is subject to change in the interest of continuing improvement.